After much thoughtful discussion and consideration of the potential impact of COVID-19 on our community, and out of an abundance of caution, the Junior League of Jackson (JLJ) has established new protocols for League events in line with CDC and Mississippi State Department of Health guidelines. JLJ has opted to continue to suspend ALL in-person activities, events, and meetings until June 1, effective immediately. As a result:
- Volunteer shifts and community projects will be cancelled. League leadership will to continue to communicate with our partners on ways that we can provide support even if our members are not physically present,
- No in-person meetings, activities, or events are to be held until the suspension on in-person activities, events, and meetings is lifted,
- Any scheduled meetings will be held virtually,
- JLJ Headquarters will remain closed to volunteer activities, events, and meetings until the suspension on in-person activities, events and meetings is lifted, and
- Office staff will be working remotely, so we can continue serving our members and community as much as possible.
The decision to cancel so many events and opportunities has not been made lightly. The importance of protecting the health and well-being of our members, staff, and our community cannot be overstated. We believe that we have a social responsibility to do our part to lessen the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak in our community.
Even though our members are temporarily unable to volunteer in person due to health and safety concerns, the League fully intends to continue supporting our community by providing much needed resources through our two community funds. The Community Discretionary Fund (CDF) was established to allow us to respond to unexpected community partner needs, while the Community Assistance Fund (CAF) was established to allow JLJ to respond to funding requests received from the community. We encourage interested community partners and other qualifying organizations to apply for funding by completing the brief applications found here.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and support as we navigate what is truly new ground for all of us. At a time when so much seems uncertain, one thing I know for sure is that our members will continue to support each other and support the community.
Please continue to stay safe and healthy.
The Junior League of Jackson